Scott Renfro - Physical Education
875-2146 ext. 272
I Grew up in Chester, and attended Green Mountain for six years. After GM, I attended Becker College for two years and then moved on to Keene State College. I Graduated from KSC in the spring of 94 where I received my teaching certificate in Physical Education. I started my teaching career here at GM in the fall of 94, and I've been teaching Physical Education here since. I've also had the opportunity to play the role of athletic director for three years, and coach a variety of different athletic teams here at GM. I try to be the best role model I can be to inspire my students to start forming healthy lifestyles. Hopefully these positive habits will follow them into their futures.
2013-2014 PHYSICAL EDUCATION SYLLABUS
1. Proper Dress Required (must change into different clothes for hygiene and flexibility)
a. T-Shirt (loose, comfortable, not constricting)
b. Shorts/Sport Pants (no jeans, khakis, or tight fitting bottoms)
c. Gym Shoes: a MUST! Wearing anything other than sneakers, will
will not be able to participate in activity.
d. No jewelry of any kind is to be worn during PE! This means NO earrings, bracelets, chain wallets, etc.
e. Keep cell phones and IPODs in your bags. If caught using them, (0 participation points).
2. Each student has the opportunity to have a locker and lock. If you do have a PE locker, please keep your locker locked at all times. Unlocked lockers may result in theft.
3. No food, drinks, or gum in the gymnasium, fitness room, or locker room!
4. Inappropriate language (0 participation points and detention).
5. 10 participation points are awarded daily. To receive your daily points you must:
a. Be dressed properly (PE attire).
b. Stay active until class is dismissed.
c. Participate in warm-ups.
d. Be in your proper place 5 minutes after the bell.
6. No participation points will be awarded for any of the following: a. Cutting class b. Truancy c. Unexcused absences d. “Forgetting” PE clothes e. Not participating in warm-ups or activity f. 3 or more tardies g. Inappropriate language7. Unexcused absences can be made up with teacher approval within 2 weeks. With teacher supervision, a student may make up an unexcused absence by working out for 30 minutes in the fitness room. After 2 weeks has passed the unexcused absence will be recorded as a zero.***IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE UP UNEXCUSED ABSENCES! PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF YOUR ABSENCES!
***For extended medical excuses, please notify and speak with teacher for ways to makeup these specific situations. With an extended/medical excuse, a doctor’s note is required for absences beyond 3 days and for non–participation beyond 3 days.
8. Tardy Policy: If you are tardy to class, you will need to have a note stating why you are tardy. Whatever the reason is for your tardy, you will be marked late/tardy. Please note, that if late 3 or more times, a detention is drawn up. PLEASE BE ON TIME!!!
9. Fitness Room Rules:
a. NO horseplay
b. NO food, drink or gum
c. Use spotters when necessary
d. Learn proper use of equipment before beginning workout
e. Laziness = 0 participation points
***If you are ill and unable to participate, you first need to tell your teacher, and the necessary actions will be taken.